[R] count data without NA in certain time intervals and plot it

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 22:35:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't understand your question in the first post.  I saw Rui's reply and your reply that it is solved.

I have another solution if it helps you.

dattrial<-data.frame(a=c(1,NA,rnorm(4,10)), Week=c(3,3,3,4,4,4))
dattrial_wk3<-subset(dattrial,Week==3)
dattrial_wk4<-subset(dattrial,Week==4)
count1<-colSums(!is.na(dattrial_wk3))
count2<-colSums(!is.na(dattrial_wk4))
dattrialnew<-data.frame(rbind(count1[1],count2[2]),Week=(rle(dattrial$Week)$values))
 plot(dattrialnew$Week,dattrialnew$a,type="l",col="blue",pch=14,xlab="Week",ylab="Count")

A.K.