[R] kruskalmc, significant differences while median values are the same

Omphalodes Verna omphalodes.verna at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 07:51:02 CET 2012

Thank for help!

My ''problem'' is a little bit complicated. I have a dataset of trees (five tree species) and I need to calculate if there are the significant differences in the period of suppressed growth among tree species (length in years, e.g. 1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 50, 80, etc.). Because data are not normally distributed (Levene test), my idea was to use kruskalmc test.

So, my question is, how to evaluate the differences in the duration of suppressed growth among groups? Is ''bootstrap confidence interval'' for each tree species right solution?

thanks, OV