[R] barplot question

Sally_roman sroman at umassd.edu
Fri Jul 15 22:11:14 CEST 2011

Hi - I would like to make to make a barplot of my data, but am having issues.
An example of my data is:

species	                    net	       pair   pounds    type
Cod	                          Control	        1	46	    kept
Little Skate	                  Control	        1	0	    kept
Summer Flounder	          Control	        1	9	    kept
Windowpane Flounder	  Control	        1	0	    kept
Winter Flounder	          Control	        1	0	    kept
Winter Skate	          Control	        1	0	    kept
Yellowtail Flounder	  Control	        1	76	    kept
Cod	                          Experimental	1	19	    kept
Little Skate	                  Experimental	1	0	    kept
Summer Flounder	          Experimental	1	2	    kept
Windowpane Flounder	  Experimental	1	0	    kept
Winter Flounder	          Experimental	1	0	    kept
Winter Skate	          Experimental	1	0	    kept
Yellowtail Flounder	  Experimental	1	9	    kept
Cod	                          Control	        1	14         discard
Little Skate	                  Control	        1	75	    discard
Summer Flounder	          Control	        1	1	    discard
Windowpane Flounder	  Control	        1	32	    discard
Winter Flounder	          Control	        1	16	    discard
Winter Skate	          Control	        1	225	    discard
Yellowtail Flounder	  Control	        1	7	    discard
Cod	                          Experimental	1	7	    discard
Little Skate	                  Experimental	1	64	    discard
Summer Flounder	          Experimental	1	3	    discard
Windowpane Flounder	  Experimental	1	26	    discard
Winter Flounder	          Experimental	1	12	    discard
Winter Skate	          Experimental	1	136	    discard
Yellowtail Flounder	  Experimental	1	5	    discard

I have 9 total pairs.  I would like to be able be able to make a barplot by
pair that shows the catch of the control net (kept & discard) stacked with
the catch of the experimental net also stacked by species like the image
below I did in excel.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3670861/image.jpg

I can make barplots by net and pair, but I would like to have both nets on
one barplot if possible.

Thanks Sally