[R] R on a ma c

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:03:45 CEST 2010

Dear Tiffany,

R works wonderfully with Macs (and *nix and Windows).  The main
program should be all you need, but if you have any doubts or
concerns, here is the link to download R from the website for Mac
OSes:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

If you are just getting started using R, it is a good idea to read
through the introduction to R manual:
http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html

and you might also consider getting a book to help you a long the way.
 There is a large list of books related to R here:
http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html

I have personally found Peter Dalgaard's book a very nice book to start with:
Peter Dalgaard. Introductory Statistics with R. Springer, 2nd edition,
2008. ISBN 978-0-387-79053-4. [ bib | Discount Info | Publisher Info |
http://www.biostat.ku.dk/~pd/ISwR.html ]

Best regards and welcome to R,

Josh

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Tiffany Kinder
<tiffany.kinder at aggiemail.usu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is R very compatible with a Mac?  A colleague of mine indicated that
> everyone he knows with a Mac has problems with R.
>
> What can you tell me about using R with a Mac.  What do I need to download?
>  I have downloaded the basic R package.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Tiffany Kinder