[R] Find in R and R books

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 02:43:56 CET 2010

> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:28:57 -0800
> From: spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
> To: gwo at well.ox.ac.uk
> CC: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: Re: [R] Find in R and R books
>
> Other people like R Site Search
> (http://search.r-project.org/nmz.html), which is available via the
> standard R function "RSiteSearch".
>

> For me, the fastest literature search on virtually anything
> statistical is the "findFn" function in the "sos" package.
> (Disclaimer: I'm the lead author of that package, so I may be biased.)
> "findFn" sorts search results to put the package with the most matches
> first. The print method opens a table of the results in a web browser

Again, I have in past taken docs for various things like R, rendered
html to text and used things like grep and built my own indicies.
However, your facility does seem in that line of thought.

Personally I haven't had a problem with google scholar or
probably even citeseer would return good hits, R is not
a common english word so I think google can make use of it.