[R] Update RMySQL and ... it's no more running

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 19 11:25:35 CET 2010

Hello,

I updated the RMySQL (and DBI) package but, since, it doesn't run anymore.
I followed the advices given here
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/RMySQL
but with no success.
I also copied the libMySQL.dll in the bin directory of R. Also no good
result.

The error message (in french sorry) is just below. It seems there is a
problem with the registry key but I'm not good enough to solve this (without
the MySQL Gui Tools, it also doesn't work).
Below the error message, you will find the result of the command
readRegistry("SOFTWARE\\MySQL AB", hive="HLM", maxdepth=2)

If someone can help me ...
Thanks in advance,
Have a nice week-end,
Ptit Bleu.

> library(RMySQL)
Le chargement a nécessité le package : DBI
Error in fun(...) :
  A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\MySQL\MySQL Tools for
5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt folder. That's where we need to find
libmySQL.dll.
De plus : Warning messages:
1: le package 'RMySQL' a été compilé avec la version R 2.9.2
2: le package 'DBI' a été compilé avec la version R 2.9.2
Error : .onLoad a échoué dans 'loadNamespace' pour 'RMySQL'
Erreur : le chargement du package / espace de noms a échoué pour 'RMySQL'

> readRegistry("SOFTWARE\\MySQL AB", hive="HLM", maxdepth=2)
$`MySQL Administrator 1.2`
$`MySQL Administrator 1.2`$Location
[1] "C:\\MySQL\\MySQL Tools for 5.0\\"

$`MySQL Administrator 1.2`$Version
[1] "5.0.17"

$`MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51`
$`MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51`$Version
[1] "3.51.27"

$`MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.1`
$`MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.1`$Location
[1] "C:\\MySQL\\MySQL Tools for 5.0\\"

$`MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.1`$Version
[1] "5.0.17"

$`MySQL Query Browser 1.2`
$`MySQL Query Browser 1.2`$Location
[1] "C:\\MySQL\\MySQL Tools for 5.0\\"

$`MySQL Query Browser 1.2`$Version
[1] "5.0.17"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`
$`MySQL Server 5.1`$DataLocation
[1] "C:\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$FoundExistingDataDir
[1] "0"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$Location
[1] "C:\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$Version