[R] new help pages in R 2.10.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 5 21:59:27 CET 2009

Jonathan Baron wrote:
> I haven't tried this yet, but I should note that my Site Search page:
> http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu,
> and the associated R function RSiteSearch and related functions,
> depend on compiled html help files.

On regular html, not compiled html, I believe.

> The idea is to be able to search the help page of functions that you
> don't have installed yet, to see if you want to install some package.
>
> There are other ways to do this, listed in my page.  And perhaps my
> page is not necessary anymore.  (I would love it if someone took it
> over, whether it is or not.)  Or maybe I'm worrying too much about the
> new version.  I do have a script that generates the html help pages
> only, and maybe it will still work, although it uses other scripts
> that come with R itself.

You may need to install the packages including the option to generate
static html files. That is still possible.

Just compiled html support has been withdrawn (which is a proprietary
Microsoft format Microsoft does not support actively anymore).

Best wishes,
Uwe