[R] new help pages in R 2.10.0

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 5 21:54:16 CET 2009

I haven't tried this yet, but I should note that my Site Search page:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu,
and the associated R function RSiteSearch and related functions,
depend on compiled html help files.

The idea is to be able to search the help page of functions that you
don't have installed yet, to see if you want to install some package.

There are other ways to do this, listed in my page.  And perhaps my
page is not necessary anymore.  (I would love it if someone took it
over, whether it is or not.)  Or maybe I'm worrying too much about the
new version.  I do have a script that generates the html help pages
only, and maybe it will still work, although it uses other scripts
that come with R itself.

Jon

Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron