[R] System crash when using surv=T in cph

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri May 22 12:06:58 CEST 2009

maxb wrote:
> Can someone help me. I am very new to R. I am fitting a Cox model using Frank
> Harrell's cph as I want to produce a Nomogram. This is what I have done:
>
> Srv<- Surv(time,cens)
> f.cox<- cph(Srv~ v1+v2+v3+v4, x=T, y=T, surv=T)

This is not reproducible for us. Where are the data?
What is cph? I presume the one from package Design?

> As soon as I press enter, Windows XP crashes. If I remove surv=T, then it
> works. I have R version 2.9.0.

Have you updates all your packages? Which versions of survival and
Design are you using?
Is it really Windows that crashes, or just R?

See
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_Design.html
to learn that even the newest version of Design produces WARNINGs.
If you can send reproducible code to let R crash, please send it to the
package maintainer of the involved packages.

Best,
Uwe Ligges