[R] System crash when using surv=T in cph

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 22 15:31:30 CEST 2009

maxb wrote:
> Can someone help me. I am very new to R. I am fitting a Cox model using Frank
> Harrell's cph as I want to produce a Nomogram. This is what I have done:
>
> Srv<- Surv(time,cens)
> f.cox<- cph(Srv~ v1+v2+v3+v4, x=T, y=T, surv=T)
>
> As soon as I press enter, Windows XP crashes. If I remove surv=T, then it
> works. I have R version 2.9.0.
>
> Is there a way of displaying the parameter estimates (ie beta coefficients)
> and HR when I type
> anova(f.cox) as this only displays the Chi squared and p-values.
> Any help or advise drawing a Nomogram will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Max

Until Design is updated (which will be very soon)
source('http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/tmp/cphnew.s') after
library(Design).

anova is not supposed to display parameter estimates.  For one thing,
there is often more than one parameter associated with a term in the
model.  Use summary(fit) to get hazard ratios for sensible covariate ranges.

Frank