[R] System crash when using surv=T in cph

maxb mbulsara at nd.edu.au
Fri May 22 05:42:33 CEST 2009

Can someone help me. I am very new to R. I am fitting a Cox model using Frank
Harrell's cph as I want to produce a Nomogram. This is what I have done:

Srv<- Surv(time,cens)
f.cox<- cph(Srv~ v1+v2+v3+v4, x=T, y=T, surv=T)

As soon as I press enter, Windows XP crashes. If I remove surv=T, then it
works. I have R version 2.9.0.

Is there a way of displaying the parameter estimates (ie beta coefficients)
and HR when I type
anova(f.cox) as this only displays the Chi squared and p-values.
Any help or advise drawing a Nomogram will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Max