[R] Heatmap without levelplot

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Tue May 5 14:38:51 CEST 2009

Hi Uwe,

I tried to explain my problem with the given example.
I don't see any documentation which tells me that the length of "col.regions"
should be one less than "at". (At least I assume now that it should be this way...)
If it's equal or longer some colors (in the middle of the color-vector) are
simply not used.
Just try the example below with rainbow(5) and rainbow(6) and compare the
results... both plot will use 5 colors!
Sorry, but this behaviour is not really self-explaining to me... maybe I'm to
blind to find the documentation which says that only one color less will ensure
the usage of all colors.

(It is so important for me because I need to display a heatmap with colors
let's say
* all lower data outliers "green",
* all higher data outliers "blue" and
* everything else within the color range "yellow" to "red".
I've seen that some values do not get blue or green though they are outliers...
I've attached one graph, I've generated - maybe it helps to understand)

Any wrong assumption?

Ciao,
Antje