[R] Heatmap without levelplot

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 5 13:57:26 CEST 2009

Antje wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as I'm not sure to understand the coloring levelplot uses, I'm looking
> for another easy way to create a heatmap like this:
>
> library(lattice)
> mat <- matrix(seq(1,5, length.out = 12), nrow = 3)
> mat[1,2] <- 3.5
>
> my.at <- seq(0.5,5.5, length.out = 6)
> my.col.regions <- rainbow(5)
>
> graph <- levelplot(t(mat[nrow(mat):1, ] ), at = my.at, col.regions =
> my.col.regions)
> print(graph)
>
> Can anybody help me with some hints or little examples?

Dear Antje,

since you are asking the same question again now, maybe you can explain
what you are going to get? In fact, I do not undertsand where your
problem is. R places the colors according to the values in your matrix
very well including the legend and I thought up to today that the plot
is self explaining.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges