[R] cmprsk- another survival-depedent package causes R crash

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 30 09:05:13 CEST 2009

Yes, there are other packages with incompatibilities with the new version of 'survival'.  The package maintainers for all the packages that fail R CMD check have all been notified and given suggestions for how to update. You can see which packages fail CMD check by looking at the CRAN check results linked from the package's CRAN page.

If you find that the change has caused problems for a package but hasn't caused a CMD check failure, then it would be helpful to report it, since we might not know.  Otherwise I think you can assume that an update is already on someone's to-do list.

     -thomas