[R] cmprsk- another survival-depedent package causes R crash

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Mar 30 22:31:37 CEST 2009

> As our package developers discussed about incompatibility between Design and
survival packages,  I faced another problem with cmprsk- a survival dependent
packacge.
> The problem is exactly similar to what happened to the Design package that
when I just started running cuminc function, R was suddenly closed.
> These incidents suggest that maybe many other survival dependent packages
being involved the problem

  I don't see how this is related to survival.  I just checked the source code
to the cmprsk function, and it has no dependencies on my library.  As I would
expect, the cmprks function works as expected on our machines.
  Could you send a reproducable example?

  	Terry Therneau