[R] R help needed

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Wed May 21 09:02:25 CEST 2008

Try:

dat <- read.table("/Users/kamleshkumar/Desktop/DS1.txt", header=TRUE)

Please also read the F documentation. The use of read.table is in "An
Introduction to R" for example.

Simon.

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 08:13 +0200, Kamlesh Kumar wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>              I have tried to upload data in R but it showing some error
>   in command window. It's should be noted that I am using Mac version of
>   R. I am using Mac-text for writing my data. I am getting following
>   message on the command window.
>
>   > source("/Users/kamleshkumar/Desktop/DS1.txt")
>   Error in source("/Users/kamleshkumar/Desktop/DS1.txt") :
>     /Users/kamleshkumar/Desktop/DS1.txt: unexpected symbol at
>   1: x y
>                 I am attaching the the DS1.txt file also with this mail.
>   Please go through it and guide me about this. I am waiting for a reply
>   from your side. Thanking you.
>   Yours Sincerely,
>   Kamlesh Kumar

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.