[R] package with fortran 90 subroutines under windows xp

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Jun 15 13:03:27 CEST 2007

On 12/06/2007 9:41 AM, Cinzia Viroli wrote:
> Hello,
> I work under windows xp and I am trying to build a R package with a
> subroutine written in fortran 90.
> I have installed all the updated tools and I am working with R-2.4.0 or
> R-2.5.0.
>
> When I check a package with a subroutine in fortran 77 (and extension f)
> everything is ok.
> When I try to build the same package with a subroutine in fortran 90 (with
> extension f90) the following warning appears:
>
> Subdirectory 'src' contains no source files
>
> and the package can not be built.
>
> The funny thing is that I have successfully built the same package with
> fortran 90 last March and everything was good.
>
> I can not imagine what is the problem, could do you help me?

The current Windows tools don't support Fortran 9x, just Fortran 77.  If
you have your own Fortran 90 compiler, you can enter it into MkRules
(either by enabling the GCC4 macro, or entering it directly in the F95
macro).

But you should have got an error about the compiler not existing, not an
error about no source files.

Are you sure you named the file *.f90?  I get a check warning about no
source files if I name the file test.F90, but not for test.f90.

Duncan Murdoch