[R] documenting yoru progress

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 00:57:33 CET 2007

If what you mean is that you have a file, test.R, of R commands
and you are using source("test.R") and you wish to discover the
name "test.R" without hard coding it in your file, then place this in
test.R:

ofile <- parent.frame(2)$ofile

and ofile will be set to "test.R".  Note that the line shown should not
be within a function or other local environment within the file but
directly at top level.

This is hack which may need to be modified if the internals of the
source command change.