[R] documenting yoru progress

Tom Sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Mon Dec 3 00:24:20 CET 2007

Hello all:

I have a function that writes a fairly elaborate report based on some
survey data.  For documentation and bookkeeping purposes, I'd like to
write out in the report the function call that produced the report, or
at least enough information to help me recreate the steps that led to
that report.  I've been generating all the reports with scripts, in
order to be able to recreate the steps, but apart from the file name, I
don't yet have a way to match the report to the script that created it.

Can anyone suggest easy ways to do this?  From within a function, is the
function call text available somehow, or the names of the arguments used
in the function invocation?

Many thanks,

 -tom