[R] rcmdr help

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Apr 5 03:04:50 CEST 2007

Dear Daniel,

I'm not a Debian user, but your description of what you did makes me wonder
whether (1) you ever loaded the Rcmdr package, and (2) whether you installed
its dependencies. After starting up R, you can load (and start) the R
commander via the command library(Rcmdr). Prior to that, you should be able
to install the Rcmdr package along with its dependencies from within R via
the command install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies=TRUE).

Finally, if you haven't already done so, you'd probably save yourself some
time and trouble by reading the "Introduction to R" manual that ships with
R.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox