[R] Power analysis and mixed model

Dave Atkins datkins at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 4 21:25:46 CEST 2007

Like Harold, I have also used simulation-based methods for power analyses, which
I discuss (briefly) in the following article (with R code in an appendix):

Atkins, D. C. (2005).  Using multilevel models to analyze marital and family
treatment data: Basic and advanced issues.  Journal of Family Psychology, 19,
98-110.

However, depending on the nature of your design, it could be far easier to use
Steve Raudenbush's Optimal Design software with menus and GUI, downloadable at:

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/group-based/optimal_design_software

cheers, Dave
--
Dave Atkins, PhD