[R] rcmdr help

Daniel Fodor fo_dani at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:23:39 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I use Debian etch and downloaded R from its repo. Although it is running I
would like to make the first steps using rcmdr. I went through on wikis and
howtos, installed rcmdr but it is not running. Apparently it is properly
installed, there is an Rcmdr library in /usr/lib/R/site-library but I cannot
start it neither from command line nor by clicking on applications -> debian
-> apps -> math -> GNU R. Clicking on it starts R without GUI. Tcl 8.4 was
already installed and there are no broken packages. I would appreciate any
kind of help in starting R with gui. Please, excuse me if it is a trivial
question, I am newbie to R.

Best wishes

Daniel