[R] Can't load Matrix 0.995-1 for lme4

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at MUOhio.edu
Thu Jan 19 14:13:12 CET 2006

Dear useRs,
I can no longer run lme4 because I think I upgraded lme4 without
being able to upgrade Matrix.

I am using:
Mac OS 10.4.4
R v. 2.2.1 (updated from 2.2.0 this morning)
lme4 v. 0.995-1

I tried to use the RGUI  to load the package source of Matrix 0.995-1
and it seemed to be progressing quite well and then it failed
providing this message:

make: *** [Matrix.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Matrix'

I could not find a binary of Matrix >=0.995-1 on any of the URL
respositoires that I investigated (us,uk,at,au).

I would very grateful for any ideas or assistance.

Cheers,
Hank

Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056