[R] Runnning R remotely

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 2 17:50:49 CET 2005

Why do you use png? I think that yu need X11 to save a png file. why not
use a postscript?

This is what ?png says

"R can be compiled without support for either or both of these devices:
this will be reported if you attempt to use them on a system where they
are not supported. They will not be available if R has been started with
--gui=none (and will give a different error message), and they may not be
usable unless the X11 display is available to the owner of the R process."

In addition I think the only thing slowing the machine is png.

Jean