[R] R-1.9.1 on OS 10.2

K.M.Csillery@sms.ed.ac.uk K.M.Csillery at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 12:23:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've been using R 1.7.1 but now I need to upgrade to R-1.9.1.
Since it is not on the Fink tree yet I tried to install it from source to
my sw library. The configuration runs fine, but make doesn't.
Here is the error message I get:
/sw/lib/libg2c.a(err.o) definition of common f(short, void, int, char)
(size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[4]: *** [libRlapack.dylib] Error 1
make[3]: *** [R] Error 2
make[2]: *** [R] Error 1
make[1]: *** [R] Error 1
make: *** [R] Error 1

Ok, than I tried to use the binaries for OS, but I get an installation
error.

So, again, my machine is OS 10.2.8, and I use emacs and ESS under X11 and
R-1.7.1 just workes fine (installed from Fink tree after release).

Any suggestions are welcome!

Katalin

PS Sorry, but I might have double posted the message.

---
Institute of Evolutionary Biology
The University of Edinburgh
K.M.Csillery at sms.ed.ac.uk