[R] R-1.9.1 on OS 10.2

K.M.Csillery@sms.ed.ac.uk K.M.Csillery at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 12:11:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've been using R 1.7.1 so far and now need to update to 1.9.1.
Since the new version is not yet on the Fink tree I tried to install R
from source to my sw library. The configuration runs fine but make doesn't.
Here is the error message:
/sw/lib/libg2c.a(err.o) definition of common f(short, void, int, char)
(size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[4]: *** [libRlapack.dylib] Error 1
make[3]: *** [R] Error 2
make[2]: *** [R] Error 1
make[1]: *** [R] Error 1
make: *** [R] Error 1

Ok, than I went to the binaries, but I get software installation error.

So, again my machine is OS 10.2.8, I use emacs, ESS, R 1.7.1 under X11 and
it works fine.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Katalin
----