[R] gnls or nlme : how to obtain confidence intervals of fitted values

Pierre MONTPIED montpied at nancy.inra.fr
Mon Oct 4 09:24:50 CEST 2004

Thanks Spencer but the intervals function gives confidence intervals of
the parameters of the model not the predicted values. In the Soybean
example it would be the CI of predicted weight for a given time, knowing
all the parameters (Asym, xmid, scal, variance function and residual)
and their distributions.

And what I need to calculate is precisely this CI.

My question is therefore is there an analytical way to calculate such
CI, whatever the model, or could I try some randomizing techniques such
as bootstrap or other ?

Thanks.