[R] A basic question

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Nov 30 15:17:05 CET 2004

Kenneth <krcabrer at epm.net.co> writes:

> Hi R users:
>
> I want to know any experience compiling R in other LINUX distributions
> besides FEDORA (Red Hat) or Mandrake, for example in BSD, Debian,
> Gentoo, Slackware, vector LINUX, Knoppix, Yopper or CERN linux?
>
> Hope this is not a "basic question"

BSD is not Linux...

I'm fairly sure we have people checking BSD (perhaps even on the core
team. Ross?), and also SuSE and Gentoo. We definitely have core
members using Debian, and Knoppix is just a Debian variant (see also
Quantian). CERN Linux is a RedHat variant. Don't know about Yoper,
Slackware, and vector Linux (a Slackware derivative), but building
frome source is not generally a problem on Linux.