[R] Rd and document formatting

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 19 22:31:33 CET 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:46:14 -0600, strivens <strivens at bcm.tmc.edu>
wrote :

>I am trying to compose some documentation for a package I hope to release
>soon.
>
>However when I do the following:
>
>R CMD Rd2dvi --pdf mypackage.Rd
>
>I get two mainly blank pages prepended to the top of the document - the only
>text on either (at the top of the first page) is as follows:
> hyperindex,colorlinks,pagebackref,linktocpage,plainpages=false,linkcolor=Blue
>,citecolor=Blue,urlcolor=Red,pdnull null null
>
>Curiously if you generate the dvi it is fine and if you generate the pdf from
>the dvi using dvipdf it is also fine...
>
>Anyone got any ideas?
>
>System: Linux 2.4.24 SMP i686 GNU/Linux, latex 3.14159-2.1 pdfTex 3.4.5

Looks like some LaTeX package is out of date, and doesn't understand
some of the tex that got generated.  Rd.sty has this:

  \hypersetup{%
    hyperindex,%
    colorlinks,%
    pagebackref,%
    linktocpage,%
    plainpages=false,%
    linkcolor=Blue,%
    citecolor=Blue,%
    urlcolor=Red,%
    pdfstartview=Fit,%
    pdfview={XYZ null null null}%
  }

so I think your system doesn't have the \hypersetup macro defined (or
maybe you're using an out of date Rd.sty or hyperref.sty?)

Duncan Murdoch