[R] Average R-squared of model1 to model n

kan Liu kan_liu1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 13:41:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I tried to prove that the
R-squared of the averaged model is always greater than
or equals to the average R-squared of individual
models (supposed m=2), Please see the attached r2.pdf.
I hope this can be generalized to general case (m >
2).

Any comment would be very appreciated!

Kan

Cambridge University, UK