[R] file.show("morley.tab") responds "NO FILE"

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 08:37:54 CET 2003

At the top of a `A sample session' it says

  Login, start your windowing system. You should also have the file
  morley.tab in your working directory. If not, seek the local expert (or
  get it yourself from the base/data subdirectory of the default R library
  tree). If you have, proceed.

I submit that the `problem' is that you did not follow those instructions.

It is deliberate that you should use a local file, as this gives a pattern
for you to use with your own data.

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jameson C. Burt wrote:

> "An Introduction to R", Venables and Smith, Version 1.6.2 (2003-01-10)
>     http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.pdf
> has in its "Appendix A: A sample session", page 81,
>    file.show("morley.tab")
> I get the response
>    NO FILE morley.tab

The response is platform-specific, BTW.