[R] [OT] Appropriate test?

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Thu Mar 13 03:42:34 CET 2003

On 12 Mar 2003 at 2:37, Blaise TRAMIER wrote:

You should have a look at the package nlme, installed with your 
distribution of R. Look at the help for the function 
lme (linear mixed models). You have not described your data
sufficiently to say much more, but you have biological measurements 
changing through time, if that is in some non-linear fashion
you could have use of the function nlme (non linear mixed models). 

If this is'nt enough to get you going, come back with more
details of your data AND questions to answer.

Kjetil Halvorsen

> Hi,
> 	I'm having some problem with a dataset and I don't really know how to 
> analyse it.
> I have 20 subjects in two groups of treatment (8 an 12 subjects).
> Biological measure have been recorded at different time, from t0 (before 
> the treatment) to t7 (3 days after). The time elapsed between each 
> measure is not constant.
> What is the most appropriate test to show a difference between the 2 
> treatements?
> I thought that an anova for repeated measure could do the trick, but I 
> didn't really find how to do it with R.
> I sorry for being OT but I didn't really know where to ask this 
> question. If you could redirect me on a appropriate forum or mailing 
> list to have that sort of help, I would appreciate a lot.
> Thanks in advance.
> -- 
> Blaise TRAMIER
> ______________________________________________
> R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
> https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help

More information about the R-help mailing list