[R] Lwd ignored when printing on Windows

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Tue Jun 24 00:22:56 CEST 2003

Prof. Ripley,
I'm using one of following the

HPLaserJet-4000 (Driver: HP LaserJet 5Si/5Si MX PS)
HPLaserJet-4100DTN (Driver: HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6)

You are correct: the lines are thicker on the hardcopy. When I plotted
the following:

plot(rnorm(10), type = "l", lwd = 5)
lines(rnorm(10), lwd = 1)

there is a difference on the plot. The first line is slightly darker
than the second. So it appears to actually be working properly though
it's not apparent unless you have the second line as a reference.

Note that saving the plot (File -> Save as) to emf and then printing the
resulting file produces much thicker lines using the above print drivers.

Regards,
Sundar