[R] erase.screen bug?

Angelo Canty canty at math.mcmaster.ca
Mon Jun 23 22:47:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using R 1.7.1 on a Windows 2K computer.  For some reason erase.screen
does not seem to be working correctly.  That is it does not erase the
requested screen.  That is the old graphic is still visible and any
subsequent graphics are superimposed over it making them impossible to
read.  What is worse is that they print out this way also.  The same
behaviour happens with a Windows XP computer.  I have not yet examined
this on Unix but will do so tomorrow.  Is this a known problem?  Is
there an easy workaround?

Thanks,
Angelo

|   Angelo J. Canty                Email: cantya at mcmaster.ca     |
|   Mathematics and Statistics     Phone: (905) 525-9140 x 27079 |
|   McMaster University            Fax  : (905) 522-0935         |
|   1280 Main St. W.                                             |
|   Hamilton ON L8S 4K1                                          |