[R] Help with R Installation on Debian 2.2.19 (old stable/potato)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 20 23:47:02 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:50:59PM -0400, Jameson C. Burt wrote:
> I have avoided crossing Debian versions
> (eg, installing woody packages over a Debian potato distribution)

Countless users have done that with success. It all depends on your comfort
level with your Debian system as you need some modest amount of knowledge to
know how and when you can do this.  The apt-get program "formally" supports
it, though I am not too sure if the one woody does.

But as suggested, there is a Debian "woody" repository of R on CRAN too.

Hth, Dirk

--
    Sorry for replying late to your mail, but I have been been away
    from home and email for about ten days and am slowly catching up.