[R] Version Number of a Package

Paul Boutros pcboutro at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 10 18:59:32 CEST 2003

Hello,

Apologies if this is a stupid question.  I googled and skimmed the archives and
didn't see anything specific about this.

I am documenting an analysis procedure in a DB and I would like to know the
specific version number of each package that I use.  Is there a standardized
way of getting that information out from R, or should I parse it out from the
source-code files?  Ideally I would like a function like this:
myVerNum <- Version(package.names);

Any guidance, direction, or suggestions are very much appreciated!
Paul