[R] Subsetting a matrix

Adelchi Azzalini azzalini at stat.unipd.it
Mon Jul 14 13:10:57 CEST 2003

> Maybe it is reasonable to propose incorporating "drop" as one of the
> things you can set with "options"? :--
>
>      `options' allows the user to set and examine a variety of global
>      ``options'' which affect the way in which R computes and displays
>      its results.

Perhaps this is a way-out. As usual, everything is feasible when we resort
entirely on our own code.  The danger is that we might make use of some
package (may be written some years ago) which assumes drop=TRUE is the default
behaviour, and changing the default behaviour might (potentially) have
disasterous effects.

best wishes, Adelchi

--
Adelchi Azzalini  <azzalini at stat.unipd.it>
Dipart.Scienze Statistiche, Università di Padova, Italia