[R] summary : par(fig)

ros mathieu rosm at ufrima.imag.fr
Mon Feb 14 15:40:16 CET 2000

many thanks to P. Dalgaard, J. Fox, J. Lemon, JE. Paradis and J. Polzehl
for their quick replies.
The original posting is at the end of this summary.
I've not well explained myself but I don't wanted to use par(mfrow) or
par(mfcol) because I wanted to plot very different graphics and this
solution doesn't match my needs.

E. Paradis and P. Dalgaard made me discover a new (for me!) function :
layout() which may do the job (I'm exploring the possibilities).

But I finally chose the P. Dalgaard' s solution of setting par(new=T)
between each plot say:
par(fig=c(0,0.5,0,0.6))
plot(fig1)
par(fig=c(0.5,1,0,0.6),new=T)
plot(fig2)
etc.

thanks very much,
    Mathieu

Mathieu Ros - 13 rue bévière - 38000 GRENOBLE - 04 76 491 370
http://mathieu.ros.free.fr/
DESS ingénierie mathématique (biostatistiques)
Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble
l'expérience est le nom que chacun donne a ses erreurs. Wilde

-- original posting : --

hello R-users,

I'd like to plot four graphics on the same page but with different

sizes. I've tried to use :

par(fig=c(0,0.5,0,0.6))

plot(fig1)

par(fig=c(0.5,1,0,0.6))

plot(fig2)

etc...

but when a figure is plotted, it erase the previous.

I've tried to pass 'new=T' to plot function but it's not possible.

What can I do ? is it a  bug ?

I've already reported this a 2 or 3 month ago but I can't find out the

answers I get.

    Mathieu

I run R 0.99-0 on a linux mandrake 7.0