[Rd] R CMD INSTALL warning for S4 replacement functions on R 4.1.0-alpha

Sat Apr 24 16:07:42 CEST 2021

    > I can confirm this Rd warning in R-devel (2021-04-23 r80216), but not in
    > R 4.0.5. It happens when installing the static help (INSTALL option --html).

    > The following R code reproduces the warning by creating a tiny test
    > package and then calling relevant internal functions from 'tools':

    [...................]

Thanks a lot, Sebastian,
for some reason I did not see your reply when I wrote mine...

So at least you indirectly solved my puzzlement on that this was
not visible with CRAN checks using R-devel  :  Almost surely
they all do *not* create static HTML pages.

So this really is a bug in R > 4.0.z   and we are happy if you
report it, just referring to your  R-devel post ... and then we
all will be really grateful for whomever provides a (careful,
minimal, ..) patch,  presumably to
    src/library/tools/R/Rd2HTML.R

Martin