[Rd] MetaCran website v1.0.0-alpha

Martin Maechler maechler at lynne.stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed May 27 12:11:37 CEST 2015

Hi Gábor,
just to you :

    > On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu>
    > wrote:
    > [...]

    >> Well, sort of. I mean if the package is being actively developed not on
    >> github, forking your archive repo and developing a patch/etc against it
    >> won't necessarily be particularly effective, as there is no way to have the
    >> right starting point (state of trunk), right?
    >>

    > Well, then you can do 1) git rebase or 2) get the patch if the original
    > repo is not in git.

    > Yes, this is not ideal. I could remove that "Browse the source" completely,
    > that is an option, and remove the link from the version number as well.
    > There there will be no links to github.com/cran. Experienced users will
    > just type in the URL. That's fine with me, too.

    > Btw. how does this look for a warning: https://github.com/cran/crayon
    > This is the most red I could find.

This looks good and sufficient to me.

    > G.

    > [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Gabor, could you try to set a good example  and *not* post in
HTML  (even though your messages are fine when transformed to
       plain text).

Thank you Gabor for your effort,
and best regards,

Martin

--
Martin <Maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>  http://stat.ethz.ch/people/maechler
Seminar für Statistik, ETH Zürich  HG G 16      Rämistrasse 101