[Rd] example fails during R CMD CHECK but works interactively?

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Fri May 15 16:44:59 CEST 2015

The error can be reproduced by running the bigmemory-Ex.R script which
you can find in the bigmemory.Rcheck directory, either in batch mode or
via source() in an interactive session.

It seems that you have underlying memory allocation problems. I can get
the script to running by adding gc() calls when necessary (i.e. when a
failure is reported, add gc() just before this point in the script and
rerun).

Martyn