[Rd] example fails during R CMD CHECK but works interactively?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fredhutch.org
Fri May 15 14:49:12 CEST 2015

On 05/15/2015 05:05 AM, Charles Determan wrote:
> Does anyone else have any thoughts about troubleshooting the R CMD check
> environment?

In the pkg.Rcheck directory there is a file pkg-Ex.R.

LANGUAGE=en _R_CHECK_INTERNALS2_=1 $(R_HOME)/bin/R --vanilla pkge-Ex.R

followed by the usual strategy of bisecting the file into smaller chunks that
still reproduce the example.

(this is based on my parsing of the complicated source, most relevant at

   https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/trunk/src/library/tools/R/check.R#L2467

and

   https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/trunk/src/library/tools/R/check.R#L36

)