[Rd] Re R CMD check checking in development version of R

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:24:37 CEST 2014

> Is that the cause of these NOTEs? Is the expectation that if I am using a
> function from a package, even a package that I have in Depends:, that I
> have to explicitly declare these imports in NAMESPACE?

Yes.

(Otherwise your package won't work if it's only attached and not
loaded. i.e. if someone does analogue::foo() only the imported
functions are available, not the functions in packages you depend on)

(And really you shouldn't have any packages in depends, they should
all be in imports)

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/