[Rd] how to make a true binary package?

A Zege andre.zege at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:33:14 CEST 2011

I'd like to have a version of a package that doesn't include sources. I
thought that this could be achieved by using binary option in R CMD build,
but in fact it packages source code that could be easily printed once the
library is loaded. Is there an option to avoid visibility of the source?

Another related question is how to install two versions of the same package,
so that i could load either of them? I am sure this could be done, just
cannot find this in docs.

I am using R 2.12.1 on Red Hat Lunix