[Rd] some problems reported in 00check.log

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 17 19:45:47 CEST 2010

On 17.09.2010 14:25, carol white wrote:
>   Hi,
> 1-
>   How is it possible to use the name of a generic function as
>   the name of a function which is not related to the generic
>   function?

This is not possible, choose a different name or make it a predict()
methods.

 >  For example, if I define predict.my.function, R
>   will relate it to predict function and I'll get the following
>   warning when I run R CMD check
>
>   * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
>   predict:
>     function(object, ...)
>   predict.my.function ...

> 2- I get the following warning although I have used "require" of the related library in the function and imports in DESCRIPTION file
>
> no visible global function definition for coxph

If you do not import it into your namespace but make it available via
require() instead, you need to declare it as Depends.

> 3- Although I use the alias of an Rd file of my package in cross references:
>
> \seealso{
> See Also as \code{\link{object.name}}
> }
> where object.name is the name of an Rd file without Rd

What is "an Rd file without Rd"?

> , I get the following warning
>
> Missing link(s) in documentation object './man/object.name.Rd':
> object.name

This means you cited the help page itself?

I think you need to tell us the alias(es) you used as well as the
purpose of this one.

>   I don't think that I will have use the name of my package.

Why is this related?

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges