[Rd] some problems reported in 00check.log

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 14:25:32 CEST 2010

 Hi,
1-
 How is it possible to use the name of a generic function as
 the name of a function which is not related to the generic
 function? For example, if I define predict.my.function, R
 will relate it to predict function and I'll get the following
 warning when I run R CMD check

 * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
 predict:
   function(object, ...)
 predict.my.function ...

2- I get the following warning although I have used "require" of the related library in the function and imports in DESCRIPTION file

no visible global function definition for coxph

3- Although I use the alias of an Rd file of my package in cross references:

\seealso{
See Also as \code{\link{object.name}}
}
where object.name is the name of an Rd file without Rd, I get the following warning

Missing link(s) in documentation object './man/object.name.Rd':
object.name

 I don't think that I will have use the name of my package.

Look forward to your reply,

 Carol