[Rd] slow tcl/tk

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:31:17 CET 2007

Dear list,

Building my QCAGUI package using Rcmdr 1.3.0, under R 2.6.0 (using Kubuntu
Gutsy) I noticed the library starts visibly slower than... somewhere in the
past.

I used the same version of Rcmdr under previous versions of R and the tcl/tk
window used to open instantly. Under the current version though, the window
take seconds to open: first it builds the base window, then the menus and
finally the complete window.

The whole process takes about five seconds.
I don't think it has anything to do with the Linux version, because I noticed
the same behavior under the previous one as well.

Is there something changed about tcl/tk in R 2.6.0?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa