[Rd] slow tcl/tk

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Oct 31 14:36:42 CET 2007

Dear r-devel list members,

As Adrian is aware, I've observed the same behaviour in R 2.6.0, in my case
under Ubuntu Gutsy. It's my impression that the slowness of dialogs to
display is true more generally of tcltk windows, but is particularly
apparent for the main Rcmdr window because, I suspect, of its complexity.

Since I'd like to insure that the Rcmdr works reasonably well under Linux
systems, it would help to know the source of the problem.

Thanks,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology