[Rd] R 2.3.0 and rgl on OS X 10.4.6 (PR#8833)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu May 4 20:22:09 CEST 2006

On 5/4/2006 2:08 PM, eatkinso at mdanderson.org wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed R 2.3.0 on my Mac G5 running
> OS X 10.4.6. I also updated with R.app revision 3114 as
> recommended. Now, when I attemp to use package rgl
> I get the error
>
>> library(rgl)
> Error: package 'rgl' is not installed for 'arch=ppc'
>>

> I have tried reinstalling from CRAN using both binary
> and source. The source install fails, The binary install
> yields
>

> Warning in install.packages(file.choose(), , NULL, type = "mac.binary") :
>        argument 'lib' is missing: using /Users/neely/Library/R/library
>>

> and does not fix the problem.
>
> The same problem occurs with some packages (e1071, svmpath)
> but not others (gdata, gplots, gtools).

I expect you'll need to install from source, but I don't know who will
be able to help you to diagnose why it is failing.  I'd suggest trying
on the R-SIG-Mac mailing list.

If you can determine what the problem is and can fix it I'd be happy to
incorporate your patch.  Otherwise, all I can suggest is that you try a
more commonly used platform.

Duncan Murdoch