[ESS] Finding Rterm in R 2.12.0 on Windows

Rmh rmh at temple.edu
Mon Feb 14 19:06:49 CET 2011

no such luck.
I am administrstor on my account and still have this hassle.

there are two distinct things that are needed.  I haven't figured out either one.

1. new files are created with what cygwin reports as 000
permission.  I must manually change that with
chmod u+rw
in order to backup with CVS.

2. changed system files, for example additional LaTeX .sty
files, get put into virtual store.  I have to open a separate
emacs instance as administrator to move them to the right
place and to run
initexmf -u
to make them accessible.

Rich